Thursday, July 12, 2007

a year from now

I took Max for a nice walk tonight. I haven't done this in a very long time because of the rain! I don't want him to get wet because he starts to stink really bad after he's been in the rain. When he stinks I feel like everything in my apartment is tainted with the smell and I can't stand it!! So, since it was a clear night we ventured out to the path outside of the apartment. As we were walking, I started to reflect a little on my life. One year ago, I knew that I had a teaching job, but that was about it. I don't think I had found my apartment yet, I hadn't gotten to know the other teachers on my team, I hadn't gone to church anywhere...so I really didn't know what kind of experiences the upcoming year would bring. In some waysI am pleased with how my life has turned out in a year, and in others I'm really not. I'm very blessed to live in my apartment. Although it is a little expensive and eats up most of my paycheck, I feel safe every night and I've met some really sweet people here. I'm also happy with the relationships I have built so far. I have a really great 2nd grade team at school. They are so supportive and fun! I'm also so thankful that I met Matthew. I honestly do not know where I'd be without him! The one thing I am disappointed in is that I have not found a church to settle down in yet. I had such a wonderful support system at my church in Abilene and it is kind of a shock to go from that to absolutely nothing. I have really realized this year that I need Christian people around me to keep me on track. I wonder where I will be one year from now. Will I still be living in my cute little apartment? Will I have made some new friends at school? Where will Matthew and I be in our relationship? Will I be settled in a church? I hope and pray that I will only be stronger and wiser in one year.

2 comments:

Ashley said...

I found your blog! I love checking peoples blog, it's such a fun way to keep up with people! You and the BF are really cute together & you look so happy! :) Hope you are enjoying your summer!

Lauren said...

It sounds like you are doing well, Amy. Not having a church home can make you feel somewhat disconnected and at loose ends. I will be praying that the Lord leads you to wherever your gifts and abilities can be used to the fullest. I am so glad I found your blog! Be blessed sweet friend!
Lauren Cunningham