Sunday, July 22, 2007

good job Rangers!!

This was another great weekend. I could really get used to this no-working lifestyle! I don't have to care about what I have to do on Monday!! On Friday night I went out to eat with my grandma and aunt. We had a great time eating and shopping at Goodwill and Central Market. We went to Goodwill on a whim, where I found a little kid's rocking chair (which I sanded and re-finished yesterday for my classroom!!!), a filing cabinet, and some other chairs for kids. Yay!! Last night I went to my fifth Ranger's game of the season. This is more baseball games than I've watched in my LIFE and I'm LOVING it!! It doesn't hurt that they did really well last night and beat the other team BIG TIME!!! (I can't remember who the other team was, though!!:) Oh, and Ven Diesel was there! This morning I went to church with Matthew. He's been to church with me several times, so he had asked if I wanted to go with him today. Church was very interesting, and not in a bad way at all. I've always known that Matthew and I are very similar in our beliefs, even though we grew up in completely different kinds of churches (he a Catholic church, me a Church of Christ). Although the worship service was different than what I am used to, they do basically the same things that we do (sing, pray, read scripture, take communion) and that was encouraging. Of course Matthew and I still have spritual things to work through, but it was good to see what kind of church he grew up in. I have faith that God will work within us, and that the outcome will be just what He wants for us. That's all for now! I have a conference at 8:00 in the morning so I better get to bed pretty soon!!! Enjoy your week!

No comments: