Sunday, September 16, 2007

church

Last week I tried out a new church and I really liked it. It is very small and the people are so welcoming. They invited me out to lunch and really seemed to be interested in getting to know me. This morning, Matthew went with me to the same church. I'm so excited because he liked it, too! It's a Christian Church (Disciples of Christ is another name I think). They do pretty much the same things as churches of Christ, but there are minor differences of course. The pastor uses lots of scripture, we sing familiar songs, and they have communion every Sunday. They also have several areas where I could get involved (children's and youth ministries especially). I'm planning on going back next week. I really hope this is the church for me! If you're reading this, I would like to ask you to stop a moment and pray. I am in serious need of a church family, and I'd really like to find a place that Matthew likes and one that he feels comfortable going to with me. I feel like this church is an answered prayer. Matthew says he saw lots of similarities between the service this morning and things done at Catholic churches. I've been praying for a church that's a kind of "middle ground" between both of us. I'm excited to see what God has up His sleeve!! Enjoy your week!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congrats on the church.

You are welcome to come to my church 'Richardson East Church of Christ' (www.carechurch.org)
I'm not sure about the Catholic thing if it would fit for him, but you can try it if you'd like. We'd love to have you.

Anonymous said...

Amy...I would love to have you guys come to Soma when we get started in January (ok, so the whole 2,000 miles away thing might be an issue). Ok, more seriously, you're in my prayers.

When you get a chance, drop me an email with your mailing address and phone number. Julie and I want to give you a ring sometime.

Congrats on 1 year!